Here are my answers to Lisa’s questions:
1. What inspired you to start writing your blog?
I’ve blogged on and off for over ten years. My first blog was more of a diary, connected to MSN Messenger, and could only be viewed by my friends – maybe I’ll share an old post on Throwback Thursday at some point. I guess I wrote it because I lived alone and lacked anyone to talk to. I later wrote a pregnancy blog, mainly as a record of what was going on at the time. My more recent forays into blogging have been as a way to keep writing, and also to promote myself as a writer now that I’d like to get some of my work published.
2. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what book would it be?
I rarely read the same book more than once. One of the exceptions to that rule is Brighton Rock by Graham Greene. I think I’m drawn to it because it depicts Brighton, a place I’ve been familiar with all my life, at a particular period in time. I’d love to go on a Brighton Rock tour to see all the places where the book is set.
3. What is your favourite Disney film?
The Aristocats. It was old when I was a child, but has stood the test of time. Munchkin and her friends love it as much as I did.
4. Which of your blog posts are you most proud of?
A Gap in the Market, because it describes a goal I’d like to achieve. I went on to achieve it, after being inspired by other bloggers. Also the posts about shoe shops in my home town because they attracted so many views.
5. Who is your favourite film/TV show character and why?
I’m not sure she’s my favourite, but I like Rey in Star Wars because she’s a strong female character.
6. If you could spend the day with three celebrities, who would they be?
I’d probably pick three comedians, since I like a good laugh. If Victoria Wood was still alive, she would definitely be one of them. I also like Dave Gorman and Tim Minchin.
7. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
The ease with which I can write something and put it out there for anyone to read.
8. Do you prefer to be in front of the camera, or behind it?
Behind it. I’m shy and rarely like the way I look in photos.
9. What is your favourite animal?
10. What was your dream job when you were a child?
When I was really young, I wanted to be an artist. As a teenager, I wanted to be a journalist.
11. What is one thing you have learned since you started blogging?
It sometimes feel like I’m learning a whole new language. I now know what a “linky” is. Otherwise known as a link party, it’s an opportunity for bloggers to share links to posts on a particular theme. There are still many aspects of the language – should we call it bloguage? – that I don’t understand. For instance, what on earth is DA followed by a number?
- Shoshi – Shoshi Reads
- Courtney – Paperback Beaches
- Kat – Frau Naish
- Jules – My Home Family Blog
- Passport and Pixels
- Lucy – Lucy Goes Dating
- Luisa – Films, Fish Fingers & Football
Liebster seems to do things in groups of eleven, so I need four more people. If I haven’t tagged you and you fancy having a go, please do so anyway.
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your favourite book?
- Do you have children?
- What is your blog about?
- What makes you laugh out loud?
- Do you blog on WordPress, Blogger or another platform?
- Do you have any blogging goals?
- Did you have a favourite childhood toy?
- Tell me an interesting fact about yourself.
- Do you listen to the radio? If so, what’s your favourite radio station?
- Do you have a favourite food?
Once you have answered these questions, nominate your favourite new bloggers (or those with less than 500 followers) and write eleven of your own questions for them to answer. I’m looking forward to reading your answers. Don’t forget to leave comments and follow all blogs linked (as well as mine) in order to fully complete the Liebster award!
Tag me on Twitter or Facebook, or leave me a comment when you write your Liebster Award post, as I’d love to read it.